Thank you for your interest in learning more about volunteer opportunities at the Association for Science in Autism Treatment! There are many important roles that volunteers play within the organization. Some of these include:
- Helping to promote our website, www.asatonline.org
- Helping to promote our newsletter, Science in Autism Treatment
- Writing journal article synopses and other items related to autism treatment
- Monitoring and/or responding to misinformation from the media and promoting accurate information through our
Media Watch initiative
- Reviewing website content and checking website navigation
- Helping to compile and update links and resources for visitors to our website
- Responding to frequently asked questions as featured in our Clinical Corner section
- Creating databases for ASAT
- Participating and assisting with fundraising activities
ASAT is fortunate to have almost 50 active volunteers who serve as committee members and support all aspects of the organization (in addition to our all volunteer Board of Directors). Here is our current list of committee members.
As is the case with members of the Board of Directors, volunteers are asked to support the mission and values of ASAT. Volunteers will have the opportunity for professional growth through collaboration with an array of knowledgeable, seasoned professionals who aim to promote the advancement of science-based treatments for autism. It is important that volunteers communicate their interests so that their service to ASAT can be mutually satisfying.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We will be launching a 150 hour externship at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate level shortly. Please stay tuned for more information.