ASAT Advertising Policy and Protocols
The Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT) accepts advertising for the ASATonline.org web site, newsletter and other ASAT publications to offset its operational expenses. Products or services accepted for advertisement by ASAT will be consistent with the organization’s mission to disseminate accurate, scientifically sound information about autism and treatments for autism and to improve access to effective, science-based treatments for all people with autism, regardless of age, severity of condition, income or place of residence.
All advertisers must sign an ASAT Advertising Application. ASAT maintains the right to refuse any proposed advertisement that is incompatible with its mission, as determined through a case-by-case review by the ASAT Board of Directors, prior to placement of advertisement in ASAT publications.
In order to be considered for acceptance by the ASAT Board of Directors, the proposed advertisement must NOT:
- make unsubstantiated health or treatment claims;
- suggest endorsement by ASAT;
- contain religious or political content;
- contain pop-ups, floating ads or surveys;
- collect personal information from an individual visiting ASATonline.org
For each possible ASAT advertiser, an authorized person will be required to sign off that his/her organization is in support of the following tenets:
- All treatments for individuals with autism should be guided by the best available scientific information.
- Service providers have a responsibility to rely on treatments that have been shown to be safe and effective in scientifically rigorous, peer-reviewed research studies.
- Service providers should take steps necessary to help consumers differentiate between scientifically-validated treatments and treatments that lack validation.
- Consumers should be informed that any treatment lacking scientific support should be pursued with great caution.
- Objective data should be used when making clinical decisions.
Advertisement on our website, newsletter, or other publication does not imply endorsement by ASAT of the advertised company, service or product. All advertisements will be clearly labeled as an advertisement. ASAT reserves the right to decline any advertising request if the content of ad contains reference to treatments that are not established. ASAT may also decline requests if the website or mission statement contains content not consistent with the tenets above.
This policy is intended to provide general guidance and is not inclusive or exhaustive. ASAT may change this policy at any time, at its discretion, by posting a revised policy to the ASATonline.org web site. For questions about advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer— ASAT has no formal relationship with any of its advertisers. Furthermore, their stated endorsement of the above tenets is not verified or monitored by ASAT. Although ASAT expects that all advertising organizations will act in accordance with the above statements, ASAT does not assume responsibility for ensuring that advertisers engage in behavior that is consistently congruent with the statements above.
Rates (as of January 1, 2013)
Sponsor and non-sponsor rates are listed below. For more information about becoming a sponsor, please see http://asatonline.org/about_asat/professional-sponsors#learn
As you can see below, we are offering additional percentage discounts in addition to a free ad for our 2012 Alliance and Patron sponsors.
Website ads are $100/month and a maximum of five will appear on our site at any given time. Please contact us if you are interested in advertising for more than 6 months as discounts will apply.
Formatting of Newsletter Ads
Please create ad with in line with the dimension ratios specified below.
- All ads will need to be sent in TIFF or JPG format.
- To allow for highest quality, do not compress ads.
- Larger ads are allowed, as long as they are in the appropriate ratio (i.e., – a 9:7 ratio for a full-page ad) – sending larger files may allow for better ad quality.
- Please ensure that your ad does not make unsubstantiated health or treatment claims, suggest endorsement by ASAT, or contain religious or political content.
2013 Advertising Rates
|Non Sponsors||Partners |
|See Rates below||One free full page ad + 50% discount||One free ½ page ad + 50% discount||One free ¼ page ad + 20% discount||20% discount|
|Full Page |
9" X 7"
|Half Page |
4.5" X 7"
|Quarter Page |
2" X 7"
160px X 75px